Thursday, February 5, 2009

House Quiz

1) When did you first learn to knit - who taught you, how did you learn, what was your first project?

I guess I should start by saying that years ago I tried to teach myself to knit. But it never worked. I always ended up getting and inch or so into a garter stitch scarf and giving up. It seemed too hard. Then when my little wizard was born, a friend made him a blanket. I was in awe! As the little wizard got bigger he liked the handmade blanket the best and my friend was encouraging me to try knitting. So in January of last year I finally decided to find someplace to take a class and learn. I went to the LYS and took a class. I was so impatient to make something I couldn't wait until the end of the class to start. I would do my homework (swatching patterns) and work on a project. My first was a stockinette stitch hat with a rolled brim worked in the round. Once I finished with that I made a ribbed scarf to go with it. I was addicted and haven't put down those needles since!

No comments:

Post a Comment