Monday, February 9, 2009

Homework

1. Do you knit or crochet?
I knit.
How long have you been at your craft?
For a little over a year now.
2. Do you spin?
No.
3. Are there any other crafts that you participate in?
I started scrapbooking a few years ago, but haven't done anything in about 2 years. It has been hard to get all the supplies out with a toddler. I think I'll try doing some digital scrapbooks some time in the future.
4. What are your favorite yarns/fibers?
I love local hand dyed wools. I am using some Tuscan Grove sock yarns right now. They are local to central Ohio. Their merino is so soft! I also love Malabrigo and would die to get my hands on some of their sock yarn!
5. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers?
I didn't really like this cotton/silk blend yarn I used for a shrug. It shed like crazy. I also am not the biggest fan of knitting with 100% acrylic. I have used Encore for blankets and some winter wear when I started knitting. Though I have found it doesn't wash up the best long term.
6. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance?
Lots! Malabrigo sock yarn, Dream in Colors Smooshy, and Knit Picks Imagination! I also would love to try some Socks that Rock sock yarn in Medium Weight. I did just get a kit with the Heavy Weight yarn for the Funky Sock Monkey, but would love to try their yarn for socks.
7. What are you currently working on?
Lot and lots. I am finishing up a class on two socks on one circ, so I have two pairs of those with one almost finished (the socks for hubby). Some ankle socks for my mom. An elephant for my son. Plus a moebius wrap for me which I was half way done with yesterday just to realize it was too small! UGH!
8. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn?
I love learning about socks. I am planning on taking Cat Bordhi's new pathways class at the Knitters Connection this summer. I would love to knit an easier toe up sock. I need to learn new cast on methods, since I only know the knit cast on and the long tail cast on. Plus I can not seam anything to save my life!!
9. Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift?
No but I would love to get my hands on a winder!!!!
10. Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks?
The Knit Picks Harmony set is in the case it came with and I add supplies to that all the time. All my other needles are in a bag and I need to put them in the case I have.
11. Do you like sweets? What are your favorites?
I love sweets! I love dark chocolates, caramel, M&M's, and gummy bears/worm types of candy too!
12. Are you having a birthday during this swap?
Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment